Requisition ID: req32050
Job Title: Senior MEAL Officer_PROL
Sector: Protection and rule of law
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full Time
Compensation: XOF 0.00 – 0.00 Salary
Location: Maroua, Cameroon
Job Title: Senior MEAL Officer
Department: Protection and Rule of Law (PROL)
Duration: 10 months renewable
International Rescue Committee (IRC) employees respond to some of the world’s worst humanitarian crises in a wide variety of roles. They are a true source of humanity and hope. If you are qualified and passionate, we would love to work with you!
IRC is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in the world and provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict support to victims of natural disasters, oppression and violent conflict. As an organization, we are strongly committed to innovation and building creative partnerships to expand the scale, access and impact of our work.
We are active in many areas such as: public health, resettlement/reintegration, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, as well as the protection and promotion of human rights. the man. We help people through many types of crises in more than 40 countries. IRC paves the way “from harm to home”.
Country context: CAMEROON
JOB OVERVIEW: Under the responsibility of the MEAL Coordinator and with technical support from the latter, the Senior MEAL Officer/Officer works closely with program teams to optimize capacities and opportunities for monitoring, evaluation, empowerment and learning from the mission carried out by IRC in Cameroon. This is to ensure high quality programming for the clients we serve and to support the overall ambitions of IRC’s Strategy100 and Country Strategic Action Plan . The MEAL Officer oversees, directs and implements the MEAL activities of all projects implemented for the Protection and Rule of Law Sector in Cameroon.
Leadership and partnership
- Provide support for all technical aspects and MEAL activities regarding all projects executed by the PROL Sector in Cameroon and respond to program needs. Foster and promote standards and best practices for quality data collection, analysis and reporting. Ensure accountability to clients, partners and funders;
- Implement and support the MEAL system and approaches in your areas of expertise and foster learning;
- Represent the Protection and Rule of Law (PROL) Sector at technical meetings, forums and other events; building partnerships within IRC and sharing capabilities with partners
- Promote access to and use of data for shared learning, informed decision-making, and adapting programs based on data.
- Manage the MEAL system and processes for all PROL projects in Cameroon in alignment with the MEAL strategies of the country and the overall strategy throughout the project cycle, this includes:
- Collaborate with MEAL staff and program staff to ensure that data is collected, compiled, checked for quality and completeness, in accordance with IRC and donor standards;
- Document and share learnings, evidence and data from previous projects to provide sufficient information for the design of project proposals;
- Implement MEAL plans, revise data collection tools, foster online tools (commcare and Kobo), follow data management processes, quality checks and audits and update data visualization;
- Undertake monthly analysis of monitoring data and work closely with MEAL officers, officers/agents and program managers/managers to facilitate decision-making during real-time program adaptations;
- Produce quality monthly reports and update dashboards with key results that drive learning and decision-making and are shared in project cycle management meetings, team meetings and proposal writing;
- Identify, document and share customer feedback to improve services and customer outcomes.
- Provide support in the deployment of surveys and polls such as baseline and endline surveys, as well as the commissioning of external evaluations in coordination with program colleagues and relevant partners;
- Provide support for the use of technologies (commcare, Kobo, PowerBi) using standard tools and processes for mobile data collection and visualization of online dashboards. This is to improve the speed and quality of data collection and analysis, as well as data presentation;
- Adhere to and participate in IRC’s efforts to meet its internal and external accountability commitments through the implementation of reliable accountability, feedback and client response mechanisms.
- Coordinate, direct and mentor/train the MEAL officer(s), the MEAL assistant(s) of the PROL Sector in Cameroon; foster rapid and quality achievements, as well as an inclusive and respectful team climate;
- Promote staff growth and development within IRC teams and partners: provide high quality technical training and learning resources for partners, colleagues and junior staff;
- Participate in the recruitment and onboarding of MEAL Officers, MEAL Assistants, Consultants and Field Enumerators.
Main working relationships:
The position reports directly to a partnership between the Technical Coordinator of the program and the MEAL Manager
The position directly supervises Officers, assistants, volunteers and/or enumerators in the field.
Other internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: manager/manager and program officer/officers, MEAL officer, officer/agent in charge of the database, responsible for partnerships, Human Resources, field coordinator.
External: clients, program partner organizations, local and national government.
· A technical diploma or equivalent – additional relevant professional experience may constitute an equivalent to the studies;
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in a related field;
- Possess basic technical knowledge of M&E approaches and techniques in some or all of the following areas: results monitoring; theories of change, logical frameworks, data collection, data analysis, feedback and client feedback mechanisms;
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection, and data entry;
- Basic knowledge and experience with mobile data collection software such as Kobo, CommCare, ODK Collect is required. Knowledge of Tableau, PowerBI or GIS software and tools is an added advantage;
- Good computer skills in the use of MS Office, especially Excel and Word – with experience in report writing;
- Autonomous and proactive attitude with good organizational, planning and analytical skills, including prioritizing and multi-tasking with attention to detail;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and in constantly changing work environments;
- Proven skills in analysis, systematic thinking and problem solving are undeniable assets;
- If Client Responsiveness (client responsiveness/Responsibility is within MEAL area of responsibility) A strong understanding of accountability and a proven ability to set up feedback and feedback systems for clients.
- Language, French and English are required for the work of a Senior Officer
- Willingness to travel to various field offices 40%
IRC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful and safe work environment where all people are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. In accordance with its core values of Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality, LRC strives to maintain a work environment based on mutual respect, in which all people treat each other professionally and without bias, prejudice and harassment.
We recognize and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are an equality-conscious employer and we consider all applicants on the basis of their merit, without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, orientation gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other human characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.