Requisition ID: req33276
Job Title: Grants Manager
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: XOF 0.00 – 0.00 Salary
Location: Buea, SWR-Cameroon
Under the direct supervision of the Grants Coordinator, the Grants Manager is responsible for providing support to the IRC team. Duties include reporting for donor or internal purposes, proposal writing and coordination, maintaining grants files and tracking documents (in Excel) and IRC’s databases, scheduling and organizing regular grants meetings, following the financial tracking of the grants and supporting programs and operations teams in processing donor agreements and in the day-to-day grants management.
Direct supervisor: Grants Coordinator
The position directly supervises: a grant officer
Other internal and/or external contacts: The GM will work closely with the partnership manager, the grants officer, the Grants Coordinator, the IRC management team (DDP, Operations Coordinator, Field Coordinator, Country Director, and Deputy Director of Finance (DDF)), the Technical Coordinators and Program Managers, as well as the Monitoring and Evaluation department to ensure quality grant management.
The GM will be in charge of the overall donors activities and elaboration of donors documents in order to ensure the quality of relationship with donors and the respect of reporting deadlines With a core function of providing analysis and oversight to ensure compliance with grant specific requirements, this position will also provide specialized assistance in other dimensions of the grants management cycle, including:
- Grants management & compliance
- Documentation of results and reporting, including preparing and/or reviewing information and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
Grants Management & Compliance:
- Develop and modify policies/procedures/systems in accordance with donors’ regulations and organizational needs and objectives.
- Develop and maintain grants management tools, such as funding trackers, reporting calendars, templates, and compliance guideline documents; and ensure the team is aware of these timelines
- Support the Program and Operations team, Grants Coordinator in the preparation and follow-up of the project cycle meeting, and lead the meetings
- Support production of donor reports and ensure that reports are of high quality and submitted on time
- Assist in preparations for external monitoring visits, reviews, and audits, and cross-site evaluations and participate as appropriate.
- Build grant management capacity of field staff by facilitating training, and providing one-on-one follow up support, in report writing, proposal development and other topics.
- With support from IRC’s HQ grants staff, address donor compliance questions from IRC Cameroon program and finance staff to ensure compliance with donor regulations
- Assist the Program and Operations team in preparing, reviewing and modifying memoranda of understanding and contracts of grant agreements as needed by the IRC Cameroon Country Program
- Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy files for each grant-funded project to be used for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Conduct routine compliance reviews of grant programs.
- In coordination with Finance and Program teams, ensure efficient management of financial resources, including the review and approval of project budgets and monitoring expenditures
- Participate in internal BvA meetings and also with partners to ensure that grant is on track, and all under/overspent are handled with proper planning
- Work closely with finance and grants teams to revise, adjust budget if needed
- Ensure full compliance with all donor, IRC, and other fiduciary regulations.
Documentation of results and reporting:
- Work with relevant staff to leverage IRC programmatic and operational results for marketing, positioning, and direct fundraising purposes, including maintaining data on past performance and organization capacity, publications and dissemination, and donor visits.
- Participate in quarterly program reviews and evaluations to ensure systematic documentation of program best practices and lessons learned by program staff, maintain a centralized system with access by all staff and disseminate as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Programs and Operations teams, establish effective systems to ensure timely reporting to donors, support other staff in understanding funder requirements and ensure reports themselves are in the correct format, and edit sections of reports as needed.
- Develop, revise, and ensure implementation of IRC Cameroon’s communication strategy;
- Coordinate, with the Grants Coordinator, the DDP, the Technical Coordinators and the M&E Coordinator the drafting, of the sectorial and regional factsheets as well as the internal and external newsletter of IRC Cameroon.
- Coordinate, with the project teams, Technical Coordinators and field officers, the production and distribution of videos and documentaries on the work of IRC Cameroon in the various national media;
- Support project managers and Technical Coordinators in the production of relevant and high-quality communication materials, including publications, website, and social media;
- Carry out field visits and capacity building of staff on visibility, photography, media and communication.
- In conjunction with the Grants team, support colleagues in the preparation of communication and visibility materials for each project, including meeting the information needs of headquarters, while ensuring compliance with contractual rules related to donor visibility;
Business Development in close collaboration with and with the support of the Grants Coordinator, the GM will be responsible to:
- Support the development of proposals for submission to donors in coordination with the DDP, Field Coordinators, Technical leads and the Finance and Operations teams to coordinate the development of quality funding proposals and new projects that align to the country Strategic Action Plan (SAP
- Contribute to budget development/management in coordination with Finance through budget review to ensure that budget aligns to the proposed intervention and the correct costs are included
- Collaborate closely with HQ grants teams and sectoral technical teams in NY, London, or Berlin, to ensure proposals meet internal standards and are donor compliant
- Ensure that the IRC systems for handling proposal development with management, programs, finance and operations departments is understood and respected, and results in timely and quality submissions.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and applicable experience in nonprofit governance, administration, grants management, including BD and compliance
- 2/3 years of experience in a grant management role, preferably with an NGO
Prior grants management experience and familiarity with USG (USAID/BHA, BPRM), European (AFD, ECHO, SIDA), and UN (UNHCR, UNFPA, UNICEF, CHF) donor regulations, procedures and requirements;
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating funding proposals and progress reports from institutional and private donors;
- Ability to efficiently deal with competing priorities;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to produce and edit documents under deadline pressure
- Working knowledge of budget development and management
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting and preferably in Africa
- Competence with Windows, Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in unstable security environments
- Fluent written and spoken English and French
Place of Submission of Applications
The complete files should be submitted online or can also be deposited in an anonymous envelope bearing the mention: “Grants Manager, Buea Office” in the offices of IRC in Maroua district Pitoire; Yaoundé behind Usine Bastos, Kousseri Residential Area, Buea 100m from John Chi Church Bokwango road, Bamenda Governor’s street.
NB: Deadline for admissibility of files: October 28th, 2022, at 5 p.m. prompt.
Applications from female candidates and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.