CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF THREE INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION OFFICERS FOR THE PASSR
Who are we ?
The Cameroonian Association for Social Marketing (ACMS), member of the PSI network is a non-governmental organization under Cameroonian law whose main mission is to improve in a sustainable and measurable way the social situation of the Cameroonian population and to promote health and family prosperity. Thus, ACMS works in cooperation with the government and its public and private sector partners to deliver high quality health programs, reaching all populations in need. For more than twenty-five years, ACMS has provided the people of Cameroon with comprehensive, evidence-based public health interventions, including programs in reproductive health, malaria, and HIV prevention among others.
The Program for Access to Reproductive Health Services (PASSR) which is recruiting is a development project of the Republic of Cameroon co-financed by the Federal Republic of Germany through its development bank (KfW). ACMS is in charge of implementing this Program on a large scale.
Indeed, the PASSR implemented in four (04) regions of Cameroon (East, Adamaoua, North and Far North) aims to increase the use of modern methods of family planning, in particular methods of long duration of action.
- Mobilize women of childbearing age, young people and men around the project;
- Organize, conduct and supervise educational talks;
- Watch over the missions of Community Animators;
- Organize mass sensitizations in family planning and other project activities;
- Support the organization of special events;
- Monitor and evaluate interpersonal communication activities for behavior change;
- Strengthen collaboration with the MINSANTE and partners at the regional level;
- Collecting data/information and transmitting it to communication and mobilization managers;
- Conduct advocacy activities with religious, traditional and political leaders;
- Facilitate collaboration with administrative, religious and traditional authorities;
- Facilitate synergy, partnership and experience sharing with other partners;
- Contribution to the drafting of reports, dissemination at regional level, participation in meetings and workshops;
- Organize the training of Community Animators and Community Health Agents;
- Recruit, train and supervise the activities of community mobilizers in conjunction with the heads of health facilities;
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
What are we looking for?
- Collaboration: You can work independently but thrive in a team.
- Trust: You know your manager and team will support you, and you want to earn that same trust from your teammates.
- Pragmatism: You get going and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and don’t let perfection take precedence over sufficiency.
- Honesty: You are not afraid to speak up and say what you think.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable for achieving measurable results.
- Commitment: You are independent and a free thinker, but you are ready to buy into the direction of the team and commit yourself to its success.
The basics :
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or any other diploma deemed equivalent ;
- Minimum two (02) years of experience in communication, journalism and related fields;
- In substitution for the required diploma : Have five (05) years of relevant professional experience in communication, journalism and related fields;
- Have proven experience in organizing events;
- Have experience in team management ;
- Demonstrate a great capacity in the production of quality graphic elements that can be distributed nationally and internationally;
- Have strong problem-solving skills;
- Have a good ability to plan and foresee potential and emerging obstacles;
- Have the ability to establish strong public relations and be comfortable communicating in a team;
- Have a high level of autonomy at work, but with a deep team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision within a multicultural team;
- Demonstrate adaptability, patience, ingenuity, resilience and flexibility;
- Have results-based management skills;
- Be available to carry out regular field missions.
What would turn us on?
- Familiarity with social marketing and/or NGOs;
- Knowing how to speak the local communication languages of the project areas is an asset;
- Fluent in French and/or English and have a sufficient command of the other language;
- Good knowledge of computers and software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Passion for public health;
How to compile your Application File?
- A cover letter ;
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) using the form available for this purpose on the site: http://www.acms-cm.org ;
- Photocopies of diplomas required. A verification of Diplomas will be carried out for the successful candidate;
- Photocopies of documents that justify the experience of the candidate, (Certificate, employment, work certificate, or any other related document).
Your canditate file :
Complete files will be sent to the following address : https://jobs.acms-cm.org or CM_recrutement@acms-cm.org
Our employment policy
ACMS is a fair employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, registration, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, identity or, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, disabled veteran, military or professional status.
ACMS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women. Only the preselected candidates will be contacted.
ACMS reserves the right to recruit at a lower level or on the basis of a modified job profile.
References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Key job information:
Type of contract: Permanent contract
Place of work: Bertoua, Garoua, Ngaoundere
Position level : 9th category, level A of the tertiary sector II of the National Collective Agreement for Commerce
Job Type: Junior
Status: Local position
Date of taking office: January 2023
Project end date: January 31, 2025