CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A MEDICAL TECHNICAL ASSISTANT FOR THE PASSR
Who are we ?
The Cameroonian Association for Social Marketing (ACMS), member of the PSI network is a non-governmental organization under Cameroonian law whose main mission is to improve in a sustainable and measurable way the social situation of the Cameroonian population and to promote health and family prosperity. Thus, ACMS works in cooperation with the government and its public and private sector partners to deliver high quality health programs, reaching all populations in need. For more than twenty-five years, ACMS has provided the people of Cameroon with comprehensive, evidence-based public health interventions, including programs in reproductive health, malaria, and HIV prevention among others.
The Program for Access to Reproductive Health Services (PASSR) which is recruiting is a development project of the Republic of Cameroon co-financed by the Federal Republic of Germany through its development bank (KfW). ACMS is in charge of implementing this Program on a large scale.
Indeed, the PASSR implemented in four (04) regions of Cameroon (East, Adamaoua, North and Far North) aims to increase the use of modern methods of family planning, in particular methods of long duration of action.
- Contribute to the planning and budgeting of activities and the development of the annual work plan (PTA);
- Gather the administrative and technical documents necessary for the contracting of a health facility;
- Gather physical and digital media for the implementation of quality standards;
- Organize and carry out the reassessment of French-language health facilities (FoSa) to reintegrate them into the ProFam network;
- Have the completeness of the files of the Health Facilities checked and ensure that they are properly classified in the regional office and in the FOSA by the Quality Assurance Consultants (CAQ);
- Identify ProFam health facilities with potential to implement reproductive health services adapted to adolescents and young people (SRAJ);
- Identify ProFam health facilities with potential to implement the Postpartum IUD service;
- Provide technical support to the regional coordinator in the organization of training workshops;
- Coordinate the CAQ and Medical Delegate Consultant (CDM) teams;
- Ensure that they perform their duties efficiently and contribute to the achievement of program objectives;
- Support the regional coordinator in collecting data for transmission to the monitoring/evaluation manager;
- Initiate and track orders for equipment, products and consumables and forward them to the deputy program manager for consolidation with the collaboration of the regional coordinator;
- Document cases of complications and report them in accordance with PSI’s mandatory protocol;
- Ensure client follow-up and continuity of care.
- Organize and coordinate data collection;
- Actively participate in the drafting of programs and ensure their dissemination;
- Collaborate closely with the MINSANTE and the Regional delegation;
- Participate in workshops and scientific meetings at regional, national or even international level;
- Promote synergy and the sharing of good practices with health partners at the regional level;
- Maintain good collaboration with regional administrative, health and security officials.
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
What are we looking for?
- Collaboration: You can work independently but thrive in a team.
- Trust: You know your manager and team will support you, and you want to earn that same trust from your teammates.
- Pragmatism: You get going and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and don’t let perfection take precedence over sufficiency.
- Honesty: You are not afraid to speak up and say what you think.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable for achieving measurable results.
- Commitment: You are independent and a free thinker, but you are ready to buy into the direction of the team and commit yourself to its success.
The basics :
- Degree required: Doctorate in Medicine, Master in Reproductive Health ;
- Minimum five (05) years of relevant professional experience in the field of Reproductive Health;
- In substitution of the required diploma : Have fifteen (15) years of professional experience in the field of reproductive health;
- Have experience in team management;
- Have strong problem-solving skills;
- Have a good ability to plan and foresee potential and emerging obstacles;
- Have the ability to establish strong public relations and be comfortable communicating in a team;
- Have a high level of autonomy at work, but with a deep team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision within a multicultural team;
- Demonstrate adaptability, patience, ingenuity, resilience and flexibility.
- Have results-based management skills;
- Be available to carry out regular field missions.
What would turn us on?
- Familiarity with social marketing and/or NGOs;
- Fluent in French and/or English and have a sufficient command of the other language;
- Good knowledge of computers and software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Passion for public health;
- Management knowledge;
- Excellent capacity for synthesis, precision and conciseness;
How to compile your Application File?
- A cover letter ;
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) using the form available for this purpose on the site: http://www.acms-cm.org ;
- Photocopies of diplomas required. A verification of Diplomas will be carried out for the successful candidate;
- Photocopies of documents that justify the experience of the candidate, (Certificate, employment, work certificate, or any other related document).
Your canditate file :
Complete files will be sent to the following address : https://jobs.acms-cm.org or CM_recrutement@acms-cm.org
Our employment policy
ACMS is a fair employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, registration, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, identity or, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, disabled veteran, military or professional status.
ACMS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women. Only the preselected candidates will be contacted.
ACMS reserves the right to recruit at a lower level or on the basis of a modified job profile.
References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Key job information:
Type of contract: Permanent contract
Place of work: Bertoua
Position level : 11th category, level B of the tertiary sector II of the National Collective Agreement for Commerce
Job Type: Intermediate
Status: Local position
Start date: November 2022
Project end date: January 31, 2025
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.comA