CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A REGIONAL ACCOUNTANT FOR PASSR
Who are we ?
The Cameroonian Association for Social Marketing (ACMS), member of the PSI network is a non-governmental organization under Cameroonian law whose main mission is to improve in a sustainable and measurable way the social situation of the Cameroonian population and to promote health and family prosperity. Thus, ACMS works in cooperation with the government and its public and private sector partners to deliver high quality health programs, reaching all populations in need. For more than twenty-five years, ACMS has provided the people of Cameroon with comprehensive, evidence-based public health interventions, including programs in reproductive health, malaria, and HIV prevention among others.
The Program for Access to Reproductive Health Services (PASSR) which is recruiting is a development project of the Republic of Cameroon co-financed by the Federal Republic of Germany through its development bank (KfW). ACMS is in charge of implementing this Program on a large scale.
Indeed, the PASSR implemented in four (04) regions of Cameroon (East, Adamaoua, North and Far North) aims to increase the use of modern methods of family planning, in particular methods of long duration of action.
- Ensure accounting records comply with ACMS procedures and policies. Must provide the necessary support to regional staff in compliance with accounting standards;
- Identify the points of divergence or professional conflict and make proposals to the financial controller for its resolution within the deadlines;
- Ensure the good quality of the parts in terms of content and shape,
- Establish JOURNAL VOUCHER, RECEIPT VOUCHER and PAYMENT VOUCHER before transmission to the financial controller;
- Ensure that the balances of the advance accounts (on salary, travel, activity, ACCOUNT PAYABLE ETC) of the staff in his region are fair and justifiable in order to detect cases of instance that go back in time (more than one months) and propose solutions;
- Make a stock inventory at the store every month to ensure that the theoretical stocks in the registers correspond to the physical stocks, and draw up a report;
- Obtain the justification of the differences between the theoretical stocks (sheet and QBE) and the physical stock;
- Validate all cash and fuel receipts;
- Validate all activity expenses before being taken into account by the cashier;
- Ensure compliance with all petty cash procedures;
- Carry out unannounced cash checks and send the report to the financial controller;
- Ensure that installments of sales proceeds are paid to the bank on time;
- Ensure that all cash receipts are drawn up from QBE;
- Ensure customer regulations (wholesaler, institutional partners, etc.);
- Ensure compliance with the sales and invoicing procedure;
- Organize a solvency meeting every month and send the report to the Financial Controller;
- Daily control of cash payments and their payment to the bank. Report any discrepancy in payment to the bank to the financial controller;
- Co-sign checks with the Regional Manager;
- Ensure the availability of funds in the bank before presenting a check for the signature of the Regional Manager;
- Maintain daily bank fog;
- Report to the Financial Controller any outflow of funds of which he is not convinced;
- Ensure compliance with the regional account management guide;
- Keep checkbooks;
- Establish the bank reconciliation every month and send it to the financial controller before the 5th of the following month;
- Preparation of various correspondence for the bank;
- Ensures compliance with accounting and sales procedures;
- Track deductions in accounts in debtor employees in the region;
- Follow the recommendations of the various platform audits;
- Make proposals for improving working conditions in the service;
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
What are we looking for?
- Collaboration: You can work independently but thrive in a team.
- Trust: You know your manager and team will support you, and you want to earn that same trust from your teammates.
- Pragmatism: You get going and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and don’t let perfection take precedence over sufficiency.
- Honesty: You are not afraid to speak up and say what you think.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable for achieving measurable results.
- Commitment: You are independent and a free thinker, but you are ready to buy into the direction of the team and commit yourself to its success.
The basics :
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management or any other equivalent diploma;
- Minimum two (02) years of proven professional experience in the field of accounting, finance or related disciplines;
- In substitution of the required diploma : Have more than five (05) years of relevant professional experience in the field of accounting, finance or related disciplines;
- Have strong problem-solving skills;
- Have a good ability to plan and foresee potential and emerging obstacles;
- Have the ability to establish strong public relations and be comfortable communicating in a team;
- Have a high level of autonomy at work, but with a deep team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision within a multicultural team;
- Demonstrate adaptability, patience, ingenuity, resilience and flexibility;
- Have results-based management skills;
- Be available to carry out regular field missions.
What would turn us on?
- Familiarity with social marketing and/or NGOs;
- Fluent in French and/or English and have a sufficient command of the other language;
- Good knowledge of computers and software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Passion for Accounting;
How to compile your Application File?
- A cover letter ;
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) using the form available for this purpose on the site: http://www.acms-cm.org ;
- Photocopies of diplomas required. A verification of Diplomas will be carried out for the successful candidate;
- Photocopies of documents that justify the experience of the candidate, (Certificate, employment, work certificate, or any other related document).
Your canditate file :
Complete files will be sent to the following address : https://jobs.acms-cm.org or CM_recrutement@acms-cm.org
Our employment policy
ACMS is a fair employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, registration, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, identity or, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, disabled veteran, military or professional status.
ACMS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women. Only the preselected candidates will be contacted.
ACMS reserves the right to recruit at a lower level or on the basis of a modified job profile.
References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Key job information:
Type of contract: Permanent contract
Place of work: Ngaoundere
Position level : 9th category, level A of the tertiary sector II of the National Collective Agreement for Commerce
Job Type: Junior
Status: Local position
Start date: November 2022
Project end date: January 31, 2025