CALL FOR CANDIDATES FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A DISTRIBUTION MANAGER FOR THE PASSR
Who are we ?
The Cameroonian Association for Social Marketing (ACMS), member of the PSI network is a non-governmental organization under Cameroonian law whose main mission is to improve in a sustainable and measurable way the social situation of the Cameroonian population and to promote health and family prosperity. Thus, ACMS works in cooperation with the government and its public and private sector partners to deliver high quality health programs, reaching all populations in need. For more than twenty-five years, ACMS has provided the people of Cameroon with comprehensive, evidence-based public health interventions, including programs in reproductive health, malaria, and HIV prevention among others.
The Program for Access to Reproductive Health Services (PASSR) which is recruiting is a development project of the Republic of Cameroon co-financed by the Federal Republic of Germany through its development bank (KfW). ACMS is in charge of implementing this Program on a large scale.
Indeed, the PASSR implemented in four (04) regions of Cameroon (East, Adamaoua, North and Far North) aims to increase the use of modern methods of family planning, in particular methods of long duration of action.
- Ensure the prospecting, promotion and distribution of PASSR products in general to prospects and customers;
- Ensure the distribution of all PASSR products in the project implementation regions;
- Prospect, create and revitalize PASSR product distribution points in its area of activity;
- Define and validate market penetration strategies or conquer new markets;
- Develop our market shares and ensure the growth of the distribution of our products in volume and value;
- Collect orders from wholesalers, semi-wholesalers, pharmacies, Fosas and ensure their deliveries in order to avoid stock shortages at all levels;
- Ensuring collection from wholesalers, semi-wholesalers, pharmacies and Fosas and paying on behalf of ACMS all of the sums thus recovered;
- Ensure a quality follow-up of our relationship with the actors of the distribution chain;
- Ensure the reporting of the distribution activity and propose strategies to improve performance indicators;
- Ensure a constant competitive watch on its territory by reporting to the level of its technical supervisor (DMD) and its Administrative supervisor (the Chief of Party) all the useful information collected in the field;
- Write and share his activity reports and weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual visits to his supervisor;
- Distribute communication material to customers and prospects, ensure their availability at the points of activity and remedy them if necessary;
- Ensure the achievement of the quantitative and qualitative objectives assigned to it
- Manage and coach the medical representatives placed under his authority in his regions of implementation;
- Observe the confidentiality of ACMS information;
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Distribution Manager (M/F) who will embody the ACMS values listed below:
- Collaboration: You can work independently but thrive in a team.
- Trust: You know your manager and team will support you, and you want to earn that same trust from your teammates.
- Pragmatism: You get going and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and don’t let perfection take precedence over sufficiency.
- Honesty: You are not afraid to speak up and say what you think.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable for achieving measurable results.
- Commitment: You are independent and a free thinker, but you are ready to buy into the direction of the team and commit yourself to its success.
The basics :
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Distribution or Commercial Action or any other diploma deemed equivalent ;
- Minimum five (05) years of relevant professional experience in Distribution or Sales, management of a market or sales territory;
- In substitution of the required diploma : Have fifteen (15) years of relevant professional experience in Distribution or Sales, management of a market or a sales territory;
- Have experience in team management;
- Have strong problem-solving skills;
- Have a good ability to plan and foresee potential and emerging obstacles;
- Have the ability to establish strong public relations and be comfortable communicating in a team;
- Have a high level of autonomy at work, but with a deep team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision within a multicultural team;
- Demonstrate adaptability, patience, ingenuity, resilience and flexibility;
- Have results-based management skills;
- Be available to carry out regular field missions.
What would turn us on?
- Familiarity with social marketing and/or NGOs;
- Driving skills (holding a category B driving licence);
- Fluent in French and/or English and have a sufficient command of the other language;
- Good knowledge of computers and software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Passion for public health;
How to compile your Application File?
- A cover letter ;
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) using the form available for this purpose on the site: http://www.acms-cm.org ;
- Photocopies of diplomas required. A verification of Diplomas will be carried out for the successful candidate;
- Photocopies of documents that justify the experience of the candidate, (Certificate, employment, work certificate, or any other related document).
Your canditate file :
Complete files will be sent to the following address : https://jobs.acms-cm.org or CM_recrutement@acms-cm.org
Our employment policy
ACMS is a fair employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, registration, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, identity or, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, disabled veteran, military or professional status.
ACMS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women. Only the preselected candidates will be contacted.
ACMS reserves the right to recruit at a lower level or on the basis of a modified job profile.
References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Key job information:
Type of contract: Permanent contract
Place of work: Garoua
Position level : 11th category, level B of the tertiary sector II of the National Collective Agreement for Commerce
Job Type: Intermediate
Status: Local position
Date of taking office: January 2023
Project end date: January 31, 2025