Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Title: Health Informatics Assistant
Reports to : Senior Officer, Strategic Information & Evaluation and Data Management
With the aim of continuously improving and increasing its vision on patient-centered strategic information, EGPAF Cameroon is strengthening its Monitoring and Evaluation system to improve patient care through the availability of quality data in its Reach95 project. It is in this context that EGPAF is recruiting two highly motivated, autonomous and competent people to join its Data Management and Analysis unit as a Health Informatics Assistant. Incumbents will work closely with the Health Informatics team and other strategic information and program staff to help promote the vision and goals of EGPAF Cameroon.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Improve existing electronic tools by analyzing program requirements, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Use established development tools guidelines and conventions to design, develop, and test data extraction and data entry tools
- Should support the use of all DAMA, PLDC, DHIS2 and EMR.
- Maintain existing data entry tools/digital tools/software by identifying and correcting software defects
- Engage program users and technical team to prioritize system feature requests
- Provide detailed usage and user experience insights to guide the development and impact of various digital tools
- Learn and develop skills to keep up to date with new technologies
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to good knowledge management within the program
- Contribute to the team effort by achieving related results as needed
- Support the development of other software applications on demand
- Any other duties that may reasonably be assigned
Required qualifications and key skills:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, health information systems and health informatics, or a bachelor’s degree in related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Good understanding and development experience of EMR and e-Health systems
- Knowledge of programming on DHIS2 and any other electronic medical system
- Free and open source software experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the following programming languages and tools:
- PHP Laravel framework
- Ruby on Rails
- Development, scripting and optimization of SQL (MS SQL, Postgres SQL) and NoSQL databases
- Familiar with DHIS2 and other data collection tools like ODK, Kobo.
- Web server management and optimization
- Understanding of health information exchange standards such as HL7 FHIR
Other skills and abilities required;
- Working knowledge of PEPFAR programs and the health system in Cameroon is an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality content.
- Know the Cameroonian health information management system.
- Able to work long hours if required
- Ability to translate user requirements into functional specifications
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral, presentation, written communication and analytical skills.
- Willingness to acquire new skills to meet the needs of EGPAF.
- Effective work experience in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Able to create, motivate and empower a high performing team
- Highly organized, meticulous and reliable
- Results oriented and detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate in writing and orally in English will be an asset.
- Skills and experience in statistical analysis will be an asset.
- Integrity, autonomous, innovative, intelligent, detail-oriented, resilient, results-oriented, team player
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.