Job Title : Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Post opening : 02
Line manager: SI&E Manager
submission of applications: October 21, 2022
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation is a global leader in the fight against HIV and AIDS
in children. It operates in 19 countries and more than 5,000 sites worldwide to prevent the vertical transmission of HIV to children and help those who are already infected. Today, thanks to
success of the work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated
in the USA. With a global workforce of more than 3,100 people, nine out of 10 of whom work on
the field – the Foundation’s overall mission is to implement programs for the prevention, care and treatment of HIV; advancing innovative research; and carry out activities
strategic and targeted global advocacy to bring about dramatic changes in lives
millions of women, children and families around the world.
Purpose of the position
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is looking to recruit 02 Monitoring and Evaluation Assistants (SI&E) based in Douala (01 based at Laquintinie Hospital and 01 covering the Douala General Hospital and Bonamoussadi Arrondissement Medical Center). The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will work under the supervision of the SI&E Manager to strengthen the monitoring and evaluation process and system at the site level. The incumbent of this position will ensure compliance with data management procedures to enable complete and timely transmission of the various databases, monitoring of the implementation of M&E activities and data quality assessments.
Main responsibilities :
- Ensure appropriate archiving of the Site’s databases;
- Regularly verify the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all variables used to report the required indicators;
- Ensure the daily availability of good quality data (Completeness = 100%, Accuracy = 100%, Timeliness = 100%);
- Support the correct entry of data into the various databases;
- Support periodic verification of data at site level;
- Assist/participate in routine quarterly data quality audits at site level;
- Support data review meetings;
- Support quality improvement activities at site level;
- Supervise all data entry activities on the site;
- Level: Bachelor’s degree or higher in: statistics, computer science, public health, or other field of the health system.
- Have a solid experience of working with the Laquintinie Hospital of Douala, the General Hospital of Douala or the Medical Center of Bonamoussadi District;
- Have experience in managing/supervising Data Collection Agents: task sharing, supervision, mentoring, coaching, etc.;
- Strong experience in organizing data review and validation meetings at site level;
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, be familiar with Excel, Access, Power BI and Tableau;
- Language: bilingualism (French and English). However, speaking one language fluently and mastering the other language;
- Demonstrate skills in computer science or biostatistics;
- Other skills required: have good interpersonal skills, be available, flexible, meet deadlines, be interested in public health, be rigorous and motivated.
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental skills of interpersonal relations, communication, accountability, continuous learning and their work is results-oriented. The ideal candidate will master or possess the following skills, specific at the individual level and for the said position:
- Problem Solving Skills – Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyze problems, evaluate the relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and make recommendations .
- Flexibility – Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and to adapt quickly to new information, changing conditions, or unforeseen obstacles.
- Resilience – Resilience is a person’s ability to deal effectively with pressure, to remain optimistic and persistent in the face of adversity, and to recover quickly from mistakes.
- Time Management – Time management is a person’s ability to effectively manage their time and resources to ensure work is done efficiently.
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.