Requisition ID: req33475
Job Title: Supply Chain Intern
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: XOF 0.00 – 0.00 Salary
Location: Buea-SWR Cameroon
General job description
The main mission of the Supply Chain Intern is to assist the local purchasing officer and the supply chain Officer in order to effectively support the various programs in the implementation of supply chain projects.
The Supply Chain Supply intern will work under the supervision of the Supply chain Officer and should be a key member of the team able to assist in the ongoing development of the team. He/she is responsible for the integrity of the supply chain system.
The supply chain must be able to respond quickly to program and operational needs, ensuring best practices and adherence to standards and procedures with quality documentation. Specific responsibilities include support for the procurement process, support for the management of the supplier database, support for compliance with procedures and compliance with documents.
- Supply chain team support
- Support for property and asset management
- Under the responsibility of each Supply Chain Officer of each base:
- Ensure that purchases are made in accordance with IRC and specific donor policies.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with relevant requesting staff/programs regarding the ordering and delivery of supplies.
- Ensure supplier payments are made in a timely manner
- Ensure that all required Supplies, services and equipment are delivered on time.
- Establishing and maintaining ethical and professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain vendor information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Support the updating of the database of suppliers at the Yaoundé level.
- Support for stock movements and updating of related records
- Support in updating the list of goods and properties in offices and guest houses
- Do any other task communicated by the supervisor
- University degree, in logistics, management, or social sciences or any other equivalent qualification or experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar position
- Have knowledge of the purchasing process, techniques for analyzing offers and editing tender documents
- Have a knowledge of the computer tool and current software Word, Excel, PowerPoint ….
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in an organized and independent manner.
- Have knowledge of fleet and asset management,
- Have a very high degree of probity and integrity.
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills,
- Good disposition and skills for writing reports.
- Experience working with an international humanitarian NGO will be an advantage
Composition of the application file:
- Cover letter addressed to the Country Director of IRC Cameroon (1page);
- Resume (2 pages Max)
- Photocopy(s) of the required diploma(s);
- Photocopy of the national identity card;
- Photocopies of documents justifying the candidate’s experience (internship and employment certificates, work certificate)
Place of Submission of Applications
The complete files should be submitted online or can also be deposited in an anonymous envelope bearing the mention: “Supply Chain Intern Buea Office” in the offices of IRC in Maroua district Pitoire; Yaoundé behind Usine Bastos, Kousseri Residential Area, Buea 100m from John Chi Church Bokwango road, Bamenda Governor’s street.
NB: Deadline for admissibility of files: October 31st 2022.
Applications from women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.